When people ask me what I do for work and I say “I’m a Copywriter” – I’m usually met with a blank stare or an “okay… what is that?” type of response. If you’re wondering the same thing you’re not alone. In this article, I’ll cover what a copywriter is exactly and how a copywriter like me can help grow your art or interior design business.
What Is a Copywriter?
When talking about copywriting, sometimes people hear the word “copyright” so first let's explain the difference, because the two are totally unrelated.
“Refers to the legal right of the owner of intellectual property. In simpler terms, copyright is the right to copy…The original creators of products and anyone they give authorization to are the only ones with the exclusive right to reproduce the work.”
Refers to the words used for advertising and marketing. This can range from print advertising, digital advertising, to web copy.
So how is copywriting different from regular writing?
Copywriting focuses on writing that is designed to inspire, convenience, educate, and/or encourage an audience so that they’re more likely to take action.
This action should be whatever the goal of the marketing campaign is. Some examples are:
- Buying a product or a service
- Signing up for an email list
- Visiting a website
- Calling and booking an appointment
In marketing, this is called writing with a “Call To Action” or CTA.
It’s important to note, that aside from the actual writing there’s additional work that goes into copywriting like
- Proofreading, editing, and formatting
- Sourcing images
- Planning and executing marketing campaigns
- Using analytics to measure the effectiveness of copy and marketing efforts
- Focusing on overall marketing strategy
All this takes time, knowledge, and expertise. Though not all copywriters provide all these types of services, each has their own area of focus, and some do more than others.
So to sum it up, a copywriter is a type of marking professional that focuses on… well, writing. But specializes in a particular kind of writing.
Writing that grabs attention and is motivating. Writing that is designed to sell.
Why Hire a Copywriter for Your Art or Interior Design Business?
So now that you know what a copywriter is, you might be wondering why you would need to hire one for your art or design business? Whether you’re a good writer yourself or not, there are a lot of reasons. Ultimately it depends on your goals and what you want to accomplish.
- Maybe, you feel spread so thin, you don’t have time to worry about updating your blog, writing those monthly newsletters, or keeping up with social media posts — you’d rather be focusing on the work and projects you love.
- Or it’s been a while since you’ve made any updates to your website. It’s been on your to-do list forever, but there is always something more important you need to take care of. You just haven’t had the time to prioritize it.
- You’re getting ready to launch a new product or service, but you’re having trouble figuring out the best messaging to convey its value and motivate people to buy it.
- Or maybe everything is going pretty well, the projects are rolling in, and honestly, you’re just trying to keep your head above water. But imagine what things could be like if you could take a step back and consider delegating some of the load and scaling your business in a meaningful way.
If you can relate to any of these scenarios, then you could use a copywriter.
A skilled copywriter will take the brunt of the marketing tasks off your shoulders so you can focus on the work you love. I mean that’s why you started your own business anyway right?
A copywriter can revamp your website so that it's
- SEO optimized — helping you rank higher in Google and get in front of the people out there already searching for your products or services but can’t find you (or go to your competition instead).
- Speaking directly to your target audience — so you’re getting more high-quality ideal clients, rather than leads that aren’t worth your time.
- Informative and designed to sell — it gives visitors a clear picture of your business. It explains what you do, how they benefit, and why they should go with you rather than your competition. It motivates them to buy.
A copywriter can revisit your marketing strategy
- Consistent SEO-optimized content marketing helps you target your ideal clients, build a relationship with them, and position your brand as an authority in your industry.
- Regular blogs, email campaigns, and social media outreach can make all the difference in growing your business and bottom line.
No matter how stunning your products or portfolio is you need help getting the word out there, and that’s why you need a copywriter.
Why Work With Benshoof Writing vs. Just Any Copywriter?
Next, you might be wondering how you could benefit from working with me, vs. another copywriter. Just like not all art or design businesses are the same, not all copywriters are the same.
You’ll be working with someone who is knowledgeable about your field and keeps a finger on the pulse of the industry. This means you get a copywriter that:
- Knows your audience – with more than 10 years of experience in the art and design worlds, I put myself in your ideal client's shoes and craft copy that speaks to them directly.
- Knows your business and how it works – I have industry knowledge and have worked with many design and art-related professionals, so you don’t need to waste time explaining the basics of your business.
- Is knowledgeable about the online buying and selling experience – I have plenty of e-commerce experience, so you know you’re in good hands.
Not to mention, my professional qualities make me a dependable choice. Let's face it, hiring a freelancer can feel risky – how do you know who’s reliable and who you can trust with your brand messaging?
When you work with me you’ll get:
- Work that’s submitted on time — I always meet my deadlines and communicate in a timely manner.
- High-quality writing that is authentic to your brand — I have strong attention to detail and never submit work that is subpar. I take time to listen and learn about you and your brand voice and goals.
- Results! — I genuinely love helping people. My client relationships are very important to me. Really, it’s why I do what I do. I want to get you results because your success is also my success.
Ready to learn about how I can help you reach more customers and sell more? Let’s get started today!